Saturday 15 September 2012

Paris

Ooh la la! What a rush this morning. I had booked my train to Paris at 9.15 and I only woke up at 8.30! As you can imagine, I was hoping that the tram and train would connect and they did! The Thalys was full of well-dressed businessmen busy on their iPads and cell phones or reading their newspapers.Daniele met me at la Gare du Nord and after lunch we did the Paris bus tour together. It was wonderful having Daniele to point out all the sights. She was a much better guide than the ear phones and is still very elegant at 70. She lives in a beautiful apartment in Trocadero, very near the Eiffel Tower.Paris is still my favourite city with its beautiful buildings and tree-lined boulevards. The drivers are crazy, parping their horns and changing lanes without warning. There is a constant cacophony of police sirens and car horns.

No comments:

Post a Comment