Monday 10 September 2012

Bruges

It is a balmy evening and I am sitting on my balcony with a bottle of Jean-Luc's wine and a good French brie! Have had another busy day on trams and trains.It makes me realize how lucky I have been having friends to cart me round. I have figured out the trams in Brussels today and when I took the train out to Bruges I had to stand all the way, both ways!! Everything goes on the trains - babies, bikes, dogs- so it wasn't a very comfortable journey! Bruges is truly lovely but much more touristy than I remembered. I didn't see any lace makers this time, but I did do a boat trip along the canals. It is called 'the Venice of the North' because of its canals. The architecture in Bruges is stunning, with magnificent vistas in all directions. There are lots of what I call stepped rooves on the buildings. You will see what I mean by the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment