Friday 31 August 2012

Sigmaringen

Here I am in the gorgeous Obere Donau country ie where the Danube rises, with Bibi and Vincent. Eddie and the two girls are in a riding competition near Freiburg and we have decided to go over and join them tomorrow. They have 6 horses and their lives revolve around them , just as mine did at the same age! I will enjoy watching the girls eventing and otherwise I wouldn't get to see Eddie. This area is also spectacular with its trees and huge limestone cliffs. There are squirrels and foxes here and also chamois in the rocks on the cliffs. I went riding in the snow high on the top of these cliffs the last time I was here in 1999.It is a popular holiday area - you can hire canoes and horses and there are good swimming holes in the river. Also a lot of maize which is grown for biofuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment