Thursday 30 August 2012

Schwarzwald:Day 4

It is cooler and drizzling today so we have had a quiet day. We went to see the huge St Blasien cathedral, which has been totally redecorated, mostly white with beautiful marble columns. I liked it's simplicity. The Kloster has a huge Jesuit boarding school attached and Heidi taught in St Blasien. There was also a wood carving competition taking place. Had a lovely meal for my last night here in a little local Gasthaus and we had a trip down memory lane looking at Hans' photos of Fox Peak from 26 years ago! I have had a really lovely time with Hans and Heidi and I go on to Sigmaringen today for a couple of nights then to Oberammergau. Look at Moritz using the little Katzentreppe because Hans and Heidi's house is 3 stories high!I have spoken mostly German here and Heidi tells me I now sound like a German!! Don't you love the name 'Aha' - that was Lilian's sailing club!

No comments:

Post a Comment