Thursday 20 September 2012

Costa Brava, Spain

Well, I feel as though I am now on the home straight! I flew down to Girona this afternoon and I had to wait for a bus to Cadaques, 2 hours away up the coast and a 2 hour wait. I went into Claudia's English class yesterday and then we went into Ettlingen again to get some spongy insoles for my shoes, as I know I will be doing a lot of walking in Spain. Ralf cooked us a delicious Spaetzle last night and drove me into Karlsruhe to catch the plane today.
The Spanish countryside is so different from the green Schwarzwald - very brown and dry with the typical adobe and stone houses. The soil is red and obviously quite fertile, as there were many apple and olive orchards.The Costa Brava has a series of mountain ranges along the coast with secluded coves and beaches with pine groves running down to the water's edge. The bus had to climb up a very windy road a bit like going around Banks Peninsula to drop down into Cadaques. Arrived in the dark and no taxis but I have managed to find my hotel. Photos in tomorrow's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment