Thursday 20 September 2012

Cadaques

Oops! I am a bit tipsy after a late tapas brunch and 2 wines in a cafe on the waterfront!! Cadaques is a charming little fishing village on the southern side of the Cap de Creus peninsula. It was made famous by Salvador Dali and the Surrealist movement and it is absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately it is a little grey today but still warm and not too many tourists, as it is the end of the season and great sales in the little shops. This morning I did some shopping and a trip around Cadaques and Port Lligat in this funny little train for about an hour. It was just me and a bus load of very lively elderly (ie. older than me!) Spanish tourists who hollered and sang all the way. It was very funny. I have just had a wee siesta, but it is quite noisy below - there is constant chatter in Spanish, dogs barking and seagulls squawking. Tomorrow I will go to the Salvador Dali museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment