Saturday 25 August 2012

Sailing in the Adriatic; Day 1: Molat

My nice taxi driver from the railway station yesterday , Gogi (see photo)
took me into Zadar early where I listened to the water organ: steps with holes in them and the sea makes music( see photo) and I wandered around this lovely old town again without the madding crowds.
Met Claudia and Ralf in the Borik Marina at 11.30 and my dream sailing holiday began. There are just the 3 of us and Maui, their border collie on board.
'Gagi' is a Bavaria 34 and very comfortable. We sailed for about 5 hours to the island of Molat where we anchored and swam several times in the clear blue warm sea. This will be my bath for the next week and they both swim in the nude! I am not brave enough yet, but I am sure I will do so too before the end of the week!! They have to take Maui on shore when we anchor to have a pee! He goes quite happily in the little rubber dinghy. Then we sat and watched the sunset with a beer or two. What a life and I feel so healthy and sunburned tonight. Today we hoisted the NZ ensign and I sang our national anthem!! I had a great sleep with the waves lulling me to sleep and have woken to the church bells in this little bay where about 4 other yachts are moored and the smell of fresh bread baking in the little beach bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment